Ventilation silo: store properly, healthy grain is no coincidence
Gruber rectangular silo - flow floor silo - trapezoidal sheet silo - built according to valid standard EN1090
Gruber silo technology for professionals: The rectangular silo from Gruber is suitable for storing grain, maize, oilseed crops, rapeseed. It can be supplied as a hopper silo or with a flat ventilation floor for ventilation or silo emptying. In the version with flow bottom – discharge bottom not suitable for pelleted and floury goods. A seed version is offered as an option.
Gruber hopper silo – trapezoidal sheet silo: With a large selection of funnels, there are many possible silo systems:
- Quadruple funnel for suction at mixing plants
- Ventilation cone or ventilation tube for optimal grain ventilation
- 60° funnel for pellets or grain meal
- 35° funnel for storing grain and other crops
Gruber rectangular silos can be optimally adapted to any building. The individual silo cells are available up to 10m long, 4m wide and 10m high. Individual existing beams in the building can be integrated into the silos.
In the version with flow floor or ventilation floor, the silo can be used as a cold air dryer: Grain up to 18% moisture content can be stored in Gruber ventilation drying (with a filling height of max. 4-5 m) and dried by full ventilation in combination with “moving”. The flow floor – ventilation floor mounted on the floor serves on the one hand to ventilate and dry the grain, and on the other hand to completely empty the silo cells.
Choose Gruber grain storage because your precious harvest is at risk from the following factors:
- Spoilage due to mould
- Beetle damage
- Can be eaten by rats and mice
- can be contaminated by cats.
The trapezoidal sheet metal rectangular silos from Gruber are therefore available in three versions:
- Floor assembly
- Funnel assembly or
- Flow floor assembly.
The Gruber rectangular silo is suitable for storing grain, maize, oilseed crops, rapeseed – but it is not suitable for pelleted and mealy goods.
Important arguments speak for Gruber rectangular silos:
- the weather risk is reduced, as the grain can be stored in moist conditions
- Large quantities can be taken over and are immediately under control
- the transfer impact guarantees a fully utilised combine harvester operation
- Reduction of work peaks – thereby lower costs
- Preservation of the grain over longer periods of time with low costs and time expenditure
- High sales revenues with seasonal fluctuations
- Precise construction – therefore quick assembly
- all elements galvanised and in modular system
- favourable “price-benefit ratio”.
Many reasons speak in favour of flow floor silos:
The combination of ventilation and removal of the silo saves on conveyor equipment, especially when there are several cells.
- Flow floor
Removal by means of a flowing floor is very gentle on the grain and practically wear-free.
- Cleaning option
There is no other way of removing a flat store that allows broom-clean complete emptying.
- Plate between soil and grain
Due to the complete spatial separation of soil and grain, no soil moisture can get into the stored grain.
- Excellent grain ventilation
Ventilation is excellent due to the large air outlet area. Cooling of the grain to below 10 °C by winter ventilation is possible. This nips insect infestations (grain weevils) in the bud, as no heat nests can form in which the vermin can breed.
- Storage even of up to 16% grain humidity
Due to the good flow through of the grain, it is possible to harvest up to max. 16% moisture without any problems and can be stored and prepared for storage with an ventilation of 50 – 100 m3 air capacity / hour per m3 of grain.
- Space-saving due to rectangular/square design
The rectangular or square design of the grain silos allows you to make optimum use of your expensive space. Sie bauen Ihre Halle schließlich auch nicht rund.
This means that you do not waste money due to the slightly higher investment costs, but save considerable drying costs over time and have an effective and environmentally friendly means of combating a grain weevil infestation. In addition, the flow bottom saves a lot of time when removing the residue and makes the work much easier.
Advantages of Gruber flow floors in galvanised design:
- No funnel required
Ventilation and drainage in one.
- Also suitable for rapeseed
The height of the air slits of the nozzle plates is approx. 1.2 mm, therefore also suitable for rapeseed.
- Effective air ducts
The ridge tiles are air ducting shafts and direct the air flow to the galvanised nozzle plates attached to the ridge tile.
- Easy to empty
When emptying, the roof riders guarantee an even grain feed to the nozzle plate and form the lateral demarcation to these.
- Simple assembly, long service life
Roof riders with integrated air nozzles, made from one piece, guarantee easy assembly and long service life.
- Simplicity and security
The one-way system (1 air flap per flow path) guarantees the greatest possible safety and the best possible efficiency in emptying residues.
Structure of the rectangular silos:
Consisting of galvanised trapezoidal sheet metal wall elements, painted shaped tube supports and stiffening parts.
Lengths of the trapezoidal sheet metal wall elements:
675 mm, 1000 mm, 1250 mm, 1450 mm, 1500 mm, 1750 mm, 2000 mm, 2225 mm, 2500 mm and 3000 mm.
Heights of the trapezoidal sheet metal wall elements:
800 mm or 400 mm.
Lengths of the silo supports:
1600 mm, 1200 mm, 800 mm and 400 mm.
When calculating the silo width, you must add 2x the column width for the 1st cell and 1x the column width for each additional cell to the lengths of the trapezoidal sheet metal wall elements.
The grain flow during emptying: Depending on the cell geometry, a corresponding part of the grain flows out through the open discharge gates. The portion remaining in the silo cells is discharged through the flow floor by means of a fan.
The diagram shows how a cell is constructed. All elements are galvanised and are screwed together. The arrows indicate the air flow.
Silo funnel in galvanised and bolted design:
- Funnel inclination 35 °
- Dimensions from 1.352 m x 1.352 m to 3.102 m x 3.102 m available in many different sizes
- Suitable for silo heights up to max. 6,4 m
- Funnels available with various ventilation devices.
Silo funnel in welded and painted design:
- Funnel inclination 35°
- Dimensions from 1.7 m x 1.7 m to 3.2 m x 3.2 m or 2.7 m x 3.8 m in a wide range of different
- Sizes available
- Extremely stable construction suitable for silo heights up to max. 8.0 m
- Funnels available with various ventilation devices.
4-fold drain funnel in screwed design:
- Funnel inclination 40°
- Feet, C-frame profile and outlets painted, funnel plates and small parts galvanised version
- Dimensions from 3.3 m x 3.3 m to 5.3 m x 5.3 m available in many different sizes
- Suitable for silo heights up to max. 5,6 m
- Funnel available with ventilation device (ventilation tube Ø 250).